Book Review EVIL ALICE AND THE BORZOI DK Coutant

Thank you to the author DK Coutant, publishers The Wild Rose Press Inc, and Henry Roi PR, for an advance audio copy of EVIL ALICE AND THE BORZOI.



The is one of those cozy mysteries that surprised me a great deal. Honestly, I was drawn in by the cover. The last time I tried a cozy mystery with a dog on the cover, I absolutely loved it. 

It took a little while for this one to really connect the dog on the cover, but I think it's clever. Additionally, Doucant paints a gorgeous, moody, decadent Hilo for the reader to prance around in. The cast is huge, but the characters have meat.  

And besides that, the character work is excellent and I connected to Evil Alice, of all people. I mean-- how can she be evil if she's dead!? Well this book kept me guessing until the very end! A lot happens at the very end, in fact. I think Doucant saves a little too much for the denouement in this one. 

So it's not perfect, but still a very entertaining mystery!

Rating: 🐩🐩🐩🐩 / 5 borzoi pups
Recommend? Yes!
Finished: June 19 2023 
Format: Advance Digital
Read this if you like:
🔍 Mysteries
🕵‍♀️ Amateur sleuth
🏝 Exotic settings
🏋🏻‍♀️ Strong female leads

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the book! Thanks for the chance to read it Carola!💜

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: PAPER NAMES Susie Luo

Book Review BLUE RIDGE Peter Malone Elliott

Book Review THE WITCHING TIDE Margaret Meyer