Buzz Books

Thank you to publishers Publisher's Lunch for avance digital copies of BUZZ BOOKS 2023: FALL/WINTER and BUZZ BOOKS 2023: ROMANCE.



I have to admit, the purpose of these Buzz Books was not readily apparent to me. After going back and taking a second look, I realizeed they are not mean to be read front to back. Rather, they are meant to be perused until the reader finds an entry of interest, which they can then explorre further.

I often like to go into a book blind, with just a cover and a title and maybe a tag line. So this was a little different, getting a chapter or two or five to help me decide if I wanted to read. I made most of my fiction decisions based almost solely on style! 

I really adored the feature to link directly to NetGalley to request an arc. I asked for way too many, but at least they're for fall and winter, so my schedule is open!

I just finished reading the second Buzz Book an hour ago an I've already been approved for a few galleys, let's see which ones:

📚THE HOUSE OF PLAIN TRUTH by Donna Hemans

📚TIME'S MOUTH🎧
 by Eden Lepucki

📚THE WIFE FOX by Yangsze Choo

📚JONATHAN ABERNATHY YOU ARE KIND by Molly McGhee

📚JOHN LEWIS: IN SEARCH OF THE BELOVED COMMUNITY by Raymond Arsenault

I don't expect I will get approved for all the books I requested, but a few I'm really hoping for are:

📚 STARS IN YOUR EYES by Kacen Callender

📚 THE FUTURE by Naomi Alderman

📚 BLACKOUTS by Justin Torres

📚 BIG LIARS by Christian L. Hart and Drew A. Curtis

📚 BROOKLYN CRIME NOVEL Jonathan Lethem

I read both the Buzz Books, Romance version and Great Reads version, and both were useful and entertaining.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: PAPER NAMES Susie Luo

Book Review BLUE RIDGE Peter Malone Elliott

Book Review THE WITCHING TIDE Margaret Meyer