Book Review UNFINISHED BUSINESS Melanie Smith

Thank you to the author Melanie Smith, publishers She Writes Press, and BookSparks, for an advance paperback copy of UNFINISHED BUSINESS. All opinions are mine.



I am more than the stories I have told myself and more than the stories I have been told about myself and who I should be. p78

Being a survivor of childhood trauma and the onset of disability late in life, I'm certainly no stranger to trauma, and tend to read about it. When the oppourtunity arose for me to review a copy of UNFINISHED BUSINESS, I was eager to accept.

What I found is this book surprised me, I would say. I wasn't expecting to find a step-by-step guide to a process on reprocessing trauma and other significant life events. She introduces a number of terms I've never encountered before, but her concepts are familiar, she's composed them in what appears to be a useful way.

Smith designed the work in the book to be done over several weeks, which I don't have, unfortunately. But I could tell when I read the chapters that the work being presented would be helpful to me. I'm going to work through each of these sections slowly, as they are designed to be, and share the stages on my IG profile. I'm really hoping it will help me with some of my negative self-talk!

The models, mantras, and beliefs we are exposed to in childhood can envelop us and, without us even realizing it's happening, become our primary points of reference for how to live our lives. p68

A fresh way to process memory of trauma or significant change, Melanie Smith's UNFINISHED BUSINESS offers a path to empowerment and self respect.

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5 stars
Recommend? Yes, so far!
Finished: August 10 2023
Format: Advance Reader Copy, paperback,  
      BookSparks
Read this if you like:
🥰 Self help books
🚔 Books on trauma
🩹 Books on healing
🗣 Psychology

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: PAPER NAMES Susie Luo

Book Review BLUE RIDGE Peter Malone Elliott

Book Review THE WITCHING TIDE Margaret Meyer