Book Review 'TWAS THE BITE BEFORE CHRISTMAS David Rosenfelt

Thank you to the author David Rosenfelt, publishers Minotaur Books, and SMPInfluencers Program for an opportunity to read TWAS THE BITE BEFORE CHRISTMAS early. Thank you also to NetGalley for the digital widget. All views are mine.



Three (or more) things I loved:

1. The different dogs (I believe there are 5?) have so much personality. They simply jump off the page. The orphan dogs tug on my heartstrings just as hard as if they were adorable missing twin children, begging for a meal and warm bed. The irascible Sebastian the bloodhound is my favorite. 

2. The sass, wit, and sarcasm add so much richness! Quote loc. 1203

3. Andy Carpenter is my favorite detective because he is so sarcastic, and because, as a defense attorney, he is positioned to know the ins and outs of the law. I sometimes find the "quirky detective" a little hard to believe, but Andy is totally authentic and believable.

Three (or less) things I didn't love:

This section isn't only for criticisms. It's merely for items that I felt something for other than "love" or some interpretation thereof.

1. I got lost in the details of the mystery. This is a common issue for me in this genre, so I think this is a "me problem" and not anything to do with the book. I read another book by Rosenfelt, starring this same detective, entitled SANTA'S LITTLE YELPERS, in which I did not have trouble following the case. Rosenfelt constructs a good mystery. 

Rating: 🐢🐢🐢🐢 / 5 adorable dogs
Recommend? Yes!
Finished: October 10 2023
Format: Digital, NetGalley, SMPI 
Read this if you like:
πŸ” Mysteries 
🐢 Puppies
πŸ•΅‍♂️ Grumpy detectives
πŸ—£ Witty banter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: PAPER NAMES Susie Luo

Book Review BLUE RIDGE Peter Malone Elliott

Book Review THE WITCHING TIDE Margaret Meyer