Book Review WITH REGRETS Lee Kelly

Thank you to the author Lee Kelly, publishers Crooked Lane Books, and TLC Book Tours, for an advance hardback copy of WITH REGRETS. Thank you also to Libby for an accomanying digital copy. All views are mine.



Three (or more) things I loved:

1. Wonderfully shocking interpersonal scene on page 27, I loved it!

2. This is a large cast, handled well. The talk about each other, to each other, which helps the reader learn who is who quicker. It helps they are all together for so many of the scenes. I've already got a feel for this huge cast of characters and I'm only 47 pages in. 

3. The narrative shift is so smooth, it's perfect and terrifying!

4. I absolutely loved the approach to this scenario, being trapped in an apocalypse, in a basement wine cellar with the awful people in your most distant social circles. It is a mashup of genres and it is horrifying, a wonderful creation. The House Wives of the Apocalypse. 

5. I enjoyed the author's use of experiment form in this book. These glimpses into tge characters lives obscured as often ed as revealed motivation and coming story.

Three (or less) things I didn't love:

This section isn't only for criticisms. It's merely for items that I felt something for other than "love" or some interpretation thereof.

1. Nothing for this section for me this time.

Rating: 🌋🌋🌋🌋 world enders
Recommend? Yes!
Finished: Nov 27 23
Format: Hardback, TLC, ebook, Libby
Read this book if you like:
☄️ apocalypse stories
🍽 dinner parties gone wrong 
🔓 locked room scenaries
😍 unlikely happy endings
🔪 rotten characters

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: PAPER NAMES Susie Luo

Book Review BLUE RIDGE Peter Malone Elliott

Book Review THE WITCHING TIDE Margaret Meyer