mini Book Review HOLD MY GIRL Charlene Carr

Thank you to the author Charlene Carr, publishers Sourcebooks Landmark, and as always, NetGalley, for an advance digital copy of HOLD MY GIRL. All views are mine.



I tried to read HOLD MY GIRL twice, and neither time was I able to connect to the style, the story, of the characters. I've read quite a few reviews on this book, and it certainly seems like a book I would enjoy. Other readers have for reasons I usually value. Based on this, I think this is just bad luck. What I call "a me thing." I would still recommend this book as it wrestles with some important and perhaps neglected themes in literature, such as infertility and fertility treatment. Thank you to the author and publisher for including trigger warnings in the front matter. Such an important thing.

Rating: πŸ«„πŸ«„πŸ«„πŸ«„ babies comin'
Recommend? Yes!
Finished: Oct 7 23
Format: Digital arc, NetGalley 
Read this book if you like:
πŸ’» contemporary fiction 
πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘©‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦ family stories, family drama
πŸ‘ΆπŸ» having babies (or not)
πŸ’‡‍♀️ women's coming of age 
πŸ’‰ hormones and infertility 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: PAPER NAMES Susie Luo

Book Review BLUE RIDGE Peter Malone Elliott

Book Review THE WITCHING TIDE Margaret Meyer